About our company
Thermoteknix is a privately-owned British company with headquarters in Cambridge England and a recognised world-leader in thermal imaging technology since 1982. Thermoteknix design and manufacture a range of industrial thermal imaging products including high temperature process monitoring cameras for the cement and lime manufacturing industries as well as defense and security surveillance systems. Thermoteknix is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company.
- Thermoteknix is seeking an experienced Technical Sales Manager to deliver sales of customer-focused industrial products and service offerings throughout the USA and Canada.
- The successful candidate will work from their home in a role within Thermoteknix’ Industrial Business Unit and reporting to the Head of Industrial Sales. You will be responsible for achieving annual Sales targets by winning new customers and by growing existing relationships with our large and well established customer base.
- The role will suit a candidate who enjoys solution based selling and who is able to interpret and manage customer requirements to win business and ensure customer satisfaction. You will lead technical discussions and provide product demonstrations in person and by remote networking.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated, self-reliant and able to work using their own initiative. Regular travel to customer sites is a core part of the role and you will develop long-term relationships with customers and be committed to customer satisfaction.
Work profile, responsibilities and duties
- Sales generation for industrial products and services for the USA and Canadian markets with accountability for functional and strategic business objectives.
- Manage Sales funnel and growth initiatives within the region, maintain sales activities and CRM accuracy in Company systems and report regularly to the Head of Industrial Sales.
- Conduct field trials with customers as required, communicate features, benefits and value of the products effectively to align with customer needs and requirements.
- Establish long-term relationships with customers by providing exceptional customer service and support.
- Negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both customer & Company needs.
- Work with the project delivery/management teams to ensure post-sales processes run smoothly and that customer requirements are effectively met.
- Provide first line aftersales support by email and telephone to USA and Canadian customers.
- Comprehensive training will be provided both at the UK headquarters and in the field in the USA.
Technical sales manager experience
- Proven experience in technical sales. Knowledge of the cement/lime/rotary kiln industries an advantage but not a necessity.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience working within technical sales.
- Proven ability and desire to identify opportunities and win sales by making Thermoteknix products the solution of choice.
- Effective face to face and remote selling at all levels within customer organisations.
- Able to work effectively both as an individual and within a team.
- Effective territory management and planning with regular reporting and maintenance of the sales pipeline and CRM.
- Experience in selling complex value add capital equipment and services.
- A “do what it takes” attitude and determination to succeed.
- Must be able to carry demonstration equipment up one flight of stairs and physically handle demonstration equipment while travelling as required.
- Conversant with manual handling techniques and comfortable to work at heights.
- Must be resident in USA and able to work in USA and Canada with full clean USA driving licence. Relocation within USA is not required for this position.
- Regular extended travel within USA and Canada for customer meetings and product demonstrations (minimum 30%)
- Hold a full USA International Passport and be free to travel without conditions to Canada and UK.
- Will be home office based in the USA but with occasional travel to Head Quarters in Cambridge, England.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive base salary plus a performance-based bonus structure.
- 401(k) and medical plan.
- 15 days annual paid leave.
- Normal working hours will be 40 hours per week.
- The successful applicant will be joining an established and successful Company and work in an environment that encourages innovation and personal development where your contribution makes a tangible difference.
Please complete and submit the form below or email your CV and a covering letter to:
Thermoteknix Systems Ltd