ONLY APPLICANTS WITH THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO AGENCIES.
Company Technical Profile
Thermoteknix Systems Limited designs, develops and manufactures thermal imaging and measuring equipment used in world-wide commercial systems, industrial, security and surveillance applications.
The company was founded in 1982 and retains its position at the forefront of the infrared imaging industry with a wide range of hardware and software products designed to meet the needs of a growing customer base.
The company is privately owned and operates from premises in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. It has been recognised by The Queen’s Awards both for Export and Innovation and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
Thermoteknix are looking to recruit an exceptional Junior Electronics Engineer to work in our busy R&D Hardware department, working on a variety of infrared thermal imaging related projects. This position will be based at our Head Offices in Waterbeach, just North of Cambridge.
This role would suit candidates who want to expand their experience and progress their career in an environment that is second to none in recognising and encouraging exceptional ability without artificial boundaries. Interesting work is guaranteed, within a variety of technologies.
This post is likely to involve a wide variety of tasks:
- feasibility studies for new products
- circuit design
- PCB layout
- system integration type projects
- maintenance of existing product designs
- EMC and low Voltage product approvals and production support
- varied technologies including general radiometric (infrared) system
design, digital design including FPGAs/CPLD's (language VHDL or Verilog),
DSP and microprocessors, precision and video rate analogue design,
optoelectronics, small motor control and power supply design.
We are looking for candidates with excellent A level grades (A or B) and a degree in Electronics or Physics (or the equivalent). A passion for engineering is essential.
The minimum experience required is one year’s circuit design, although this might not be in full time employment. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a sound understanding of the technologies involved. Other important qualities include a good academic background and the ability and enthusiasm to find out about, and work in, new areas. A demonstrable commitment to producing 'right first time' quality work is essential.
- Competitive salary
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 23 days annual holiday (3 days to be taken over Christmas) + public holidays
- Summer BBQ/Christmas and monthly staff company lunches
- Cycle to work scheme
- Variable starting and finishing times
- Normal working hours will be 37½ hours per week when based in the office
- The successful applicant will report directly to the Production Manager
For more information, please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Mrs Louise Barton
Thermoteknix Systems Ltd