ONLY APPLICANTS ALREADY LIVING AND WORKING IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED
About our company
Thermoteknix Systems Limited designs, develops and manufactures thermal imaging and measuring equipment used in world-wide commercial systems, industrial, security and surveillance applications.
The company was founded in 1982 and retains its position at the forefront of the infrared imaging industry with a wide range of hardware and software products designed to meet the needs of a growing customer base.
The company is privately owned and operates from premises in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. It has been recognised by The Queen’s Awards both for Export and Innovation and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We are looking to recruit experienced Production Technicians to augment our current Production Team in the electro-mechanical assembly and test of a variety of infrared thermal imaging related products. Production involves job or batch quantities and can range from cable assembly through to full system build and test.
The roles would suit candidates who have initiative, pay attention to detail, want the challenge and interest of working with a variety of technologies and where a flexible approach is necessary.
Candidates will join a production department consisting of a Team Leader and other Production Technicians. The roles will involve the manufacture and testing of mechanical, optical and electronic assemblies, component level fault finding, recording and documenting.
Positions will be based at our Head Offices in Waterbeach, on the North side of Cambridge.
Skills and Experience
Candidates should have experience in roles that demonstrate the skills required for successful technical support:
- A formal Engineering/relevant qualification
- An understanding of electronic fundamentals
- Trouble-shooting, fault finding and debugging skills
- SMT soldering (to 0201) and PCB repair skills
- Wiring and cable/harness assembly experience
- Computer literate
- The ability to read schematic designs
- Proficient in the use of standard test equipment eg Oscilloscope, DVM, signal generator
- Working knowledge of PCB design software
- Basic experience with Solidworks, or other mechanical design software packages
- Basic understanding of analogue and digital video processing desired
- Understanding of clean room techniques for opto-mechanical assembly
For more information, or to CV and a covering letter, email:
Thermoteknix Systems Ltd