ONLY APPLICANTS ALREADY LIVING AND WORKING IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED
About our company
Thermoteknix Systems Limited designs, develops and manufactures thermal imaging and measuring equipment used in world-wide commercial systems, industrial, security and surveillance applications.
The company was founded in 1982 and retains its position at the forefront of the infrared imaging industry with a wide range of hardware and software products designed to meet the needs of a growing customer base.
The company is privately owned and operates from premises in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. It has been recognised by The Queen’s Awards both for Export and Innovation and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Assembler to augment our current Production Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for assembling, aligning, testing and configuring small form factor optical, electronic and mechanical components. All work is performed in accordance with released procedures and assembly drawings and usually in a clean room environment.
The role would suit candidates who pay attention to detail, are able to carry out fine, precision work and are interested in working with a variety of technologies where initiative and a flexible approach are necessary.
Candidates will join a production department consisting of a Team Leader and other Production Technicians. Duties will include:
Performing a variety of optico-electro-mechanical and electro-mechanical assembly operations;
- Assembling, cleaning and inspecting optico-electro-mechanical assemblies
- Testing, focussing and alignment of optico-electro-mechanical assemblies
- Use of solvents and adhesives
- Identifying defective products or materials during production
- Recording, testing and entering data into production databases
This position will be based at our Head Office in Waterbeach, Cambridge.
Skills and Experience
Candidates should have previous experience of working in small form factor electro-mechanical assembly and previous experience with electro-optical devices assembly would be beneficial.
- A documented engineering/skills qualification
- Computer literate
- Understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and assembly instructions/manufacturing processes
- Proficiency in using hand tools and preferred previous experience in work with optical components and clean room environments
- Demonstrated ability to consistently maintain productivity levels
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of clean room techniques for opto-mechanical assembly
- Ability to work collaboratively
For more information, fill in the form on this page or send your CV and a covering letter to:
Thermoteknix Systems Ltd