ONLY APPLICANTS ALREADY LIVING AND WORKING IN THE UK WILL BE CONSIDERED
Company Technical Profile
Thermoteknix Systems Limited is a successful, international award-winning company which has been established for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and successful, hi-tech, innovative Cambridge-based company, supplying a world-wide market. We are a medium-sized company engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of hardware and software for the thermal imaging and Industrial infrared sectors.
Thermoteknix designs and manufactures infrared cameras and modules for security, aerospace, military and industrial applications. Products range from turn-key industrial systems for cement kilns, to miniature infrared cameras for stand-alone product or third party integration into hi-tech surveillance applications.
The company is privately owned and has its headquarters in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. Thermoteknix, and it’s technology, has been recognised by receiving multiple Queen’s Awards in both Export and Innovation categories and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
With planned rapid growth and new products coming onto the market, Thermoteknix is seeking a Technical Author to help the company develop support user manuals, service, quick-start and training guides. We also see the role supporting the Marketing team with brochures, website content and social media.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Technical Author looking for a long-term career with both technical and career progression opportunities within a world-leading organisation.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must have experience as a Technical Author within a manufacturing or engineering environment and be able to demonstrate examples of first-hand production of user manuals, PowerPoint presentations, product or corporate brochures and multimedia.
Familiarity with AESP or equivalent would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Creating service user and operational instruction manuals, parts and technical documentation, and maintenance instructions.
- Supporting Marketing, Production, Service and Design Teams with website, brochures, email shots and social media. Editing and proof-reading Marketing documentation.
- Contributory company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- 23 days annual holiday (3 days to be taken over Christmas) + public holidays
- Summer BBQ/Christmas and monthly staff company lunches
- Cycle to work scheme
- Variable starting and finishing times when in the office
- Normal working hours will be 37½ hours per week when based in the office
- Long Term Service Awards for employees
For more information, please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Mrs Louise Barton
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd