Receptionist / Administrator
Thermoteknix are now looking to recruit a friendly and pro-active individual to join our small admin team as Receptionist/Administrator. This position is full time and will be based at our offices in Waterbeach, just north of central Cambridge. The successful candidate will cover the switchboard and be our first point of contact for customers/visitors, but also take on other administrative duties and provide administrative support to members of our sales team (mainly organising travel).
Duties will include:
- Covering the reception area – Answering/screening calls via the switchboard and dealing with questions/taking messages in a professional and efficient manner.
- Supporting the administration team effectively to ensure appropriate phone cover is maintained at all times.
- Issuing visitor badges for vendors/visitors and maintaining records.
- Organising internal and external meetings and organising/providing refreshments and working lunches as and when required.
- Incoming/outgoing post – distributing all incoming post and ensuring all outgoing post, couriers, shipments etc are dealt with and logged. Maintaining postage stamp supplies.
- To ensure that housekeeping is of the highest standard. Specifically, that the reception and meeting room areas are well maintained, kept neat, tidy and well presented at all times.
- General housekeeping – ordering all office and stationery supplies (including printed letterhead and memos) and maintaining supplies of photocopying paper. Ensuring supplies for our kitchen areas are maintained (water, tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits etc). Monitoring milk deliveries and amending as and when required.
- Archiving/photocopying/faxing/scanning documents.
- Fire Warden – testing the fire alarm on a weekly basis and keeping safety records; liaising with the Office Manager to co-ordinate fire drills and organise fire roll calls.
- Sickness – notifying Line Manager/Office Manager of all staff sickness; issuing sickness forms and liaising with the Office Manager over staff absences.
- Maintaining personnel lists – ensuring staff whereabouts spreadsheet is kept up-to-date, together with internal telephone lists, staff job title list and staff car details.
- Checking all incoming daily faxes – copying and distributing accordingly.
- Helping the Office Manager, as and when required, with the staff company lunch.
- Arranging meetings and appointments/providing admin support to the Sales Director and members of the sales team.
- Organising international travel for members of the sales team, including: booking flights; booking cars/taxis, making hotel arrangements; producing itineraries and organising staff visas.
- NDAs (Non Disclosure Agreements) – issuing NDAs to customers and suppliers and ensuring they are numbered and filed accordingly.
- Responsibility for our sales demo equipment and secure storage area – scheduling demonstration equipment for exhibitions, trials and demonstrations, inspecting and maintaining demonstration equipment before it is despatched, and on its return.
Providing administrative support to the Office Manager and Accounts/Admin Assistant and other members of staff within Thermoteknix.
This is a varied role within a small admin team and experience of working in a reception or client facing role is preferable. The following qualities are required:
- Well presented and friendly; an excellent telephone manner with a high attention to detail;
- Previous experience in an administrative role and good planning and organisational skills.
- The ability to work both on your own and as part of a team is essential;
- Accurate typing and computer literacy skills (Word, Powerpoint and Excel);
- A full driving licence is required.
For more information, please email:
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd