Due to expansion, Thermoteknix is now looking to recruit a Buyer. The successful candidate will be an excellent negotiator, responsible for actively managing the components and sub-contractor purchasing element of the business. This will include a top-heavy element of supplier chasing and achieving competitive pricing and deliveries.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director
- Developing supplier relationships and managing key suppliers taking consideration for the capacity of key suppliers, monitoring quality and cost performance and negotiating and delivering continuous improvement
- Reviewing the marketplace to determine potential alternative products/suppliers
- Assessing and evaluating suppliers and contributing to performance reviews to ensure contract and quality compliance
- Preparing and raising purchase orders and order schedules
- Working alongside the production manager to ensure stock levels are maintained in line with forecasts and long lead time items.
- Identifying solutions to resolve supply issues with the planning team
Skills and Experience
The ideal person will be a buyer or purchaser from an engineering/manufacturing or production environment and have previous experience of working within a procurement role and working closely with suppliers.
- Familiar with modern planning and purchasing techniques
- The ability to read technical drawings
- Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
- Computer literate with strong IT skills including SAGE and Excel
- Minimum three years’ experience within procurement
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Based within 1 hour commute of Cambridge UK (or willing to re-locate to the same)
For more information, please email:
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd