IT Systems Administrator/End User Support
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic IT professional as our IT Systems Administrator/End User Support to work alongside our current IT team. The role is split between:
- supporting our in house IT users with their software and computer issues; and
- supporting our network and server administration requirements.
Key elements of the role include:
- Monitoring and maintaining our Microsoft Windows network (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies) including responsibility for
- Manage remote access (VPN), Anti-Virus & Tape Backups.
- End user Desktop support.
- Provide IT training across a broad range of systems
- General IT support, managing hardware upgrades, liaison with IT vendors.
- Training staff on software including Goldmine.
- CRM/Goldmine knowledge including synchronisation.
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration.
- Software installation, upgrades and security patches.
- Administration of company IT assets (hardware and software licences).
- Support for Sage accounts package.
- Experience with Linux OS (Ubuntu, Debian) and Open source products.
- Basic Knowledge of Virtualisation.
- Basic Knowledge of Nagios systems monitoring.
- Basic Knowledge of Nortel Telephone System management & operation.
- Diagnosing faults and coming up with solutions
- Installing peripheral equipment such as scanners and printers
Candidates should have 5+ years of experience but not necessarily in all the areas specified above as Thermoteknix will support the right candidate with on the job training.
- Good A Levels
- A relevant IT certification would be an advantage e.g. MCSA Windows 10
- A detailed understanding of operating systems, networks and computer firmware
- A methodical approach to situations
- Good hardware skills to implement and maintain server desktops and networking equipment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and “customer service skills”
- Good practical and technical skills
- An interest in information technology
We are keen to see evidence of interest and enthusiasm for computers and IT.
For more information, please email:
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd