Company Technical Profile
Thermoteknix Systems Limited is a successful, international award winning company which has been established for over 35 years. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and successful, hi-tech, innovative Cambridge based company, supplying a world-wide market. We are a medium sized company engaged in the design, manufacture and sale of hardware and software for the thermal imaging and Industrial infrared sectors.
Thermoteknix designs and manufactures infrared cameras and modules for security, aerospace, military and industrial applications. Products range from turn-key industrial systems for cement kilns, to miniature infrared cameras for stand-alone product or third party integration into hi-tech surveillance applications.
The company is privately owned and has its headquarters in Waterbeach, Cambridge, UK. Thermoteknix has been recognised by receiving multiple Queen’s Awards in both Export and Innovation categories and is ISO 9001:2015 certified.
We are now looking to recruit a dynamic and pro-active individual to work alongside our Accounts Assistant as our full-time Company Accountant. This is a varied and challenging role and the successful applicant will be based at our Head Offices in Waterbeach, just North of Cambridge. Applicants should have suitable qualifications and at least four years of proven book-keeping/accounting responsibility leading up to year-end audit preparation.
The role will be divided into the following areas:
• Sales Ledger. Posting sales invoices, allocating receipts
• Purchase Ledger: Coding and posting purchase invoices.
• Creating single and batch supplier payments
• On-line electronic banking
• Month end and year end reconciliation prior to submission to external auditor
• Producing in depth management reports including: P&L, aged debtors, sales territory, products and others
• Bank. Sterling, euro and US$ daily postings
• Reconciliation of petty cash
• Expenses: salesmen receipts, Credit card categorisation
• Commissions payable: salesman, agents
• VAT and Intrastat monthly returns.
• Checking credit ratings on customers and setting credit limits on customer accounts,
• Monitoring payment records
• Direct pursuance of default debtors by phone, email, fax and letter.
• Maintain detailed Excel Spreadsheet of debt chasing activity
• Issuing monthly customer statements
• Cash flow and expenditure forecasting reports and spreadsheets.
• Banking cheques
• Currency issuance and returns
• Dealing with all insurance issues
• Administration of pension schemes: staff and Directors’ accounts and contributions
• Producing monthly management accounts reports: monthly sales, territory sales, forecast v achieved
• Salary advice notes, reconciliation and distribution of pay slips
• Regularly updating (and creating new ones) Accounts procedures on the server
Other accounts related tasks may be required subject to the department need.
The successful candidate will have excellent numeration and communication skills (both face-to-face and via the telephone) and must be a good team player. Experience of working in a similar role is essential. This is a varied and challenging role so candidates must be able to prioritise their own workload.
Experience of Word and Excel is essential.
Experience of book-keeping with SAGE 50 advantageous.
Contributory company pension scheme
23 days annual holiday (3 days to be taken over Christmas) + public holidays
Summer BBQ/Christmas and monthly staff company lunches
Cycle to work scheme
Variable starting and finishing times
Normal working hours will be 37½ hours per week when based in the office
Long Term Service Awards for employees
The successful applicant will report directly to the Managing Director
For more information, please email your CV and a covering letter to:
Mrs Louise Barton
Office Manager, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd